The Career Center is hosting our first ever social media week! Learn more about the Career Center and the services offered, start thinking about how to use social media to advance your career, and enter to win a great prize! Here is the schedule of events:
- Social Media Seminar – Tuesday, March 26, 1:00 – 1:45 pm, SSB 3.107
- Learn how to use social media as a job searching tool. Learn the do’s and don’ts of LinkedIn and start to build a strong LinkedIn Profile. Bring your laptops to follow along with the presentation.
- LinkedIn Critiques – Tuesday, March 26, 5:30-6:30 pm, SSB 3.107
- Perfect your LinkedIn profile with the Career Center staff as we give you constructive critiques that will make your profile stronger and allow you to successfully aim at that target career. Let us help you develop your online brand and become more appealing to your future employer. Bring a hard copy of your profile to be critiqued by the Career Center staff. Arrive anytime from 5:30 – 6:15 for a 15 minute critique session. Register through your CareerWorks account!
- Twitter/Facebook “Ask Us Anything” Chat – Wednesday, March 27, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Explore the WOW! Voting – Monday – Thursday
- Get a taste of what students learned while exploring the World of Work! View blogs and videos submitted by students who participated in the Explore the WOW! job shadowing program over spring break. The entries with the most likes on Facebook will win a padfolio and $15 amazon gift card. Winners will be announced on Friday!
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt – Monday – Thursday
- Use the SCVNGR app to participate in a virtual scavenger hunt about the Career Center – answers will be found on our website, blog, and social media pages. Answer all the questions correctly to be entered to win a padfolio and a $25 amazon gift card. Winner will be announced on Friday!