Why do you need to develop question for the employer?
- Employers want to see that you are knowledgeable about their organization. The preparation demonstrates your interest, while leaving a good impression.
- Having questions ready in advance will allow you to practice, which will make you appear more polished and confident to the employer.
- Asking questions may lead to information that will help you determine if the company is a good fit for you.
- Questions can help you to connect with the employer, which may lead to an interview!
How to develop strong, educated questions:
- Read the company profile and Expo registration information in UTD CareerWorks.
- Research online the companies and organizations of your choice.
- Develop your own questions to help clarify the organizations purpose, needs, expectations or any other area that will help you to decide if the company is right for you.
Next blog post… example questions