Based on surveying numerous companies, individuals, and organizations, the following statistics describe the power of networking and other important aspects of the job search. Please keep in mind not all of these stats are verifiable nor are they attributed to an individual or organization in particular, so read them with that in mind
- At least 65% of new hires come as a result of networking.
- Up to 80% of new hires come as a result of networking.
- Recent Wall Street Journal survey showed 95% of positions were found through networking and leads through people the job seekers knew.
- 90% of all corporations upload resumes and do keyword searches to identify qualified candidates.
- 80% of recruiters are using social media to recruit candidates.
Info courtesy of Career Thought Leaders